Displaying Image in EnumList Detail View

Nick_Neumann
Participant IV

Here is an interesting one. I created an EnumList column with a Base Type of “Image” and a ValidIf expression of: SELECT(Images[Image URL],[Photo ID]=[_THISROW].[Item])

This gives the user an option of selecting referenced images. It works perfectly when viewing it in a form, but when the form is complete, the detail view only shows the URL which the image is derived from. Any ideas how i can have the selected images displayed in Detail view?

1 7 643
7 REPLIES 7

Have you tested it with an Enum field? Is the behavior the same?

Hi @Aleksi, Yes, this yields the same result

I have the same problem

Sorry, I have missed this for some reason… When you save the image with the EnumList, it saves the file name and that’s why it shows it as a text instead of the image itself. There are few ways how you can show those images… maybe the best way would be a virtual column with a List/Ref type. Then you could show them with a Gallery/Inline view when the detail view is opened.

Nice working solutions.

Maybe, I also will do to hide [Images Inline] fileds in case of Detail view with showif constrain - context(ViewType)<>Detail

to clean up the view.

Hi Aleki, can you explain a bit more details about “you could show them with a Gallery/Inline view when the detail view is opened.” I finish the creating a virtual column with list Type. then I tried the part you explain but could’t do it.

here is where i am at details view

“maybe the best way would be a virtual column with a List/Ref type. Then you could show them with a Gallery/Inline view when the detail view is opened.” Can you explain more about this? what if the photos link are in a cell in google sheets, still need to create a virtual column on Appsheet to make it happen?

Top Labels in this Space