DIY Replacement for Google Cloud Print (Shutting Down Today)

Is there any “automator” in windows too?

1 Like

Shift Z doesn’t work for files any more in my case, it adds shortcut too. For folders only for now

1 Like

@James_McFarlane will creating an AppScript improve the 25 to 35 second time that @Ethan_U encountered?

That would be awesome to get that time down. Essentially the time it takes for that workflow to execute is prohibitive for things like labels.

1 Like

@Henry_Scott you would have to test. But when I used the Google Cloud Print the script was run every 3 minutes as per developer console settings.

1 Like

@Ethan_U at least on a 2nd print the file is already local. That is the added benefit with this method

@Henry_Scott Great point. I guess the only outstanding use case then for us at our restaurant is Purchase Orders which are unique each time.

2 Likes

@Ethan_U yes same here. In my case it is an Access Ticket that I must issue a customer at my premises. So 25 x seconds per Ticket with 100 people queueing is not an option.

1 Like

@Henry_Scott have you figured out a way to reference a local file on your machine for faster printing yet?

I’d like to try this at least with some of our use cases to speed up printing. If not I can share with you my results as I experiment.

I also saw that Google is planning to Merge Backup and Sync and File Stream this will be good to handle local storage of files to act as triggers for Mac Automator

https://support.google.com/googleone/answer/10309431

2 Likes

Hey @Ethan_U and @Henry_Scott I would be glad to help with this challenge. Let me know.

2 Likes