Do I need to Sync to see all data in 'View Da...

Do I need to Sync to see all data in ‘View Data’ on a slice?

I have defined a slice on my data that is a copy of the table where the user enters data. No conditions on slice rows. I thought that would be a good way to grab the previous row on the table: Ref the slice in column called PrevRow, use formula MAXROW(‘Slicename’,_rownumber), then dereference it in another column in the table as [PrevRow].[columnname]

Everything works fine, but when I do a View Data on the slice I can’t see all the rows entered so far (even though I do see it when I output the value of that column after derefencing it, so it does work). I only see the rows up to the most recent Sync. Once I sync I can see the data.

What am I doing wrong? Or have I had too much (or not enough) coffee?

0 4 317
4 REPLIES 4

You don’t need to create a slice for that purpose. Create a virtual column for your table with the MAXROW expression and then you can use the deref expression inside of your table. If you have a Timestamp column in your table, I would prefer to use that with the MAXROW.

Thanks @Aleksi_Alkio that sounds perfect. Timestamp does not change when the record is updated by the user, correct?

If you add a formula NOW() into the initial value, it won’t change. If you add that into the app formula, it will change every time when you open/save the record.

@Aleksi_Alkio got it, thanks! Translate

Top Labels in this Space