Do not display Actions I want to delete some...

Do not display Actions

I want to delete some rows when a condition is met but the data in my table is as follows:

• text column called Item with values such as 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1 etc. - text column called Root with values such as 1, 2, 3 etc. - a Yes/No column called Invoiced

The table contains: - rows where Root has values such as 1, 2, 3 etc. whose Item column is equal to the Root column value (TOPLEVEL rows) - rows where Item has values such as 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1 etc. whose Root column value is 1 (CHILD rows)

When the Invoiced column is set to Y for a TOPLEVEL row with a specific Root value, I want to delete all the CHILD rows with the same Root value.

I have defined two actions for this: 1. Delete Child rows - look for corresponding TOPLEVEL row and if it is Invoiced, delete the row 2. Delete Parent row - look for corresponding CHILD rows and if there are none (meaning all CHILD rows have been deleted,) delete the row

My question is, is this a good way to do this and will it work with no explicit action by the user?

Secondarily, as there could be a lot of CHILD rows, I am concerned about speed.

It is easy to create a slice for the CHILD rows - could you consider an action where I can say delete all rows in a slice?

@Adam_Stone @Aleksi_Alkio @praveen

0 1 438
1 REPLY 1

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a workflow rule which triggers the Grouped action which includes the above mentioned two actions.

The actions are NOT being executed when the workflow rule is matching. In the audit log, I see this:

โ€œAppTemplateNameโ€: โ€œLM-Master-179269โ€,

โ€œAppIdโ€: โ€œ9041ebe4-282a-4c87-9c40-87143bc9e843โ€,

โ€œAppTemplateVersionโ€: โ€œ1.000052โ€,

โ€œRuleNameโ€: โ€œDelete Invoicedโ€,

โ€œEventTypeโ€: โ€œChangeโ€,

โ€œOperationโ€: โ€œChange workflow ruleโ€,

โ€œRuleEvalModeโ€: โ€œProductionโ€,

โ€œTableNameโ€: โ€œOrdersโ€,

โ€œRuleTableNameโ€: โ€œOrdersโ€,

โ€œOperationUpdateModeโ€: โ€œUPDATES_ONLYโ€,

โ€œEventMatchโ€: โ€œWorkflow event successfully matchedโ€,

โ€œConditionโ€: โ€œ=AND(ISNOTBLANK([Invoiced]),[_THISROW_AFTER].[Invoiced]<>[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Invoiced])โ€,

โ€œMatchesConditionโ€: โ€œTrueโ€,

โ€œActionsโ€: โ€œCreated 1 Actionsโ€,

โ€œPerformanceโ€: โ€œ{โ€œVersionโ€:1,โ€œTimeโ€:โ€œ00:00:00โ€,โ€œPerformanceTimingRootโ€:{โ€œMidโ€:154,โ€œParamsโ€:{โ€œParamListโ€:[{โ€œPidโ€:13,โ€œValueโ€:โ€œInvoice Itemsโ€}]},โ€œTimerโ€:{โ€œTimeโ€:โ€œ00:00:00โ€},โ€œChildrenโ€:[]}}โ€,

โ€œResultโ€: โ€œSuccessโ€

Top Labels in this Space