Docs. error report

2X_b_bb8d065c792d27964976672f7fe84e0f83f547f8.png

Good Day, i have created a new docs template but i can’t seem to figure out what this error is.

Thanks in advance.

0 20 669
20 REPLIES 20

We need more information. Could you post images of the “Print Receipt” Workflow definition?

For a general understanding, it seems this Workflow is expecting information within the “Body” property of the Workflow rule step named “Action 1”. Either this “Body” property is blank or not defined correctly.

Hi John,

Where do i find the workflow definition? I had also tried the same template in the attachment file option where it also did not work.

Regards

Prishalan Naidoo

2X_0_0536e5716abfcd2e4860a5d03cb35bec4446d2b9.jpeg

I simply meant to go the Workflows list in AppSheet, expand the Workflow named “Print Receipt” and the expand the “Do This” list so we can see how you have defined the step in the Workflow.

Like this:

Hi John,

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What is the name of your template file?

Hi Steve,

The file name is “RECEIPT - V3”

There appears to be something wrong with the file type or file contents of your Body template.
The error message saying the “FileMimeType is unexpected” is the root of the problem.
The “object reference not set to an instance of an object” error is probably a down stream consequence of the FileMimeType error.

Hi Phillip,

Do you what causes this “FileMimeType” error?

I suspect that it is failing because of the type of Body template file you are using.
Normally the template file is a Google Doc or Word Doc.

I can investigate if you provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The application name
  3. The workflow rule or report name
  4. Please go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access.

Hi Phillip,

Yes, my pamphlet is a Docs template. Can i give you access to the template to get your feedback aswell?

Hi Phillip,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Acc ID: 483780

App Name: FINANCE - RKC

Workflow Rule Name: Print Receipt 2

Regards

Prishalan Naidoo

2X_0_0536e5716abfcd2e4860a5d03cb35bec4446d2b9.jpeg

If you provide the information I requested above I will be able to see you body template.

If you do not want to provide that information in the community, then you can submit a problem report through the support link. Just be certain you include all of the information I listed in your problem report.

It appears that you failed to go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access

Hi Phil,

I have updated the settings. Apologies for the delay.

I am investigating.

There appears to be a serious error with your Google Docs Attachment template for workflow rule ‘Print Receipt 2’.
When we try to export it from Google Docs, Google Drive reports “Google drive Internal Server Error 500”.
I suggest deleting the doc entirely and creating a brand new Google Docs attachment template.

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for having a look. Based on your experience with Templates was there anything in that template, layout, colors, font, that couldn’t be applied to an appsheet report?

It was not possible to download the attachment template for rule ‘Print Receipt 2’ because of the Google Drive 500 error. I could not look at the contents of the template at all because it would not download.

has this issue been resolved? I am also experiencing the same problem, and I’ve tried deleting the doc and creating a new one, but still doesn’t work.

It is best to submit a bug report. Please provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The application name
  3. The table name
  4. The workflow rule or report name
  5. A complete description of the problem
  6. The exact steps to reproduce the problem
  7. Please go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access.
Top Labels in this Space