Document Question

Hello,

I want to merge a document template into a word/google doc and store the merged document in a google drive folder and access it through. The problem is that I can only merge documents through an email workflow and the merged document results in a pdf. I there a way I can solve this?

Thank you in advance

You can’t create a word or google doc document as a result of a workflow rule.

3 Likes

Is there any other way to merge documents into a word file?

Not using AppSheet, no.

3 Likes

Darn. What originally aiming for was to mimic the functions in Autocrat. Is there a way to connect it to Appsheet?

https://community.appsheet.com/search?q=Autocrat

1 Like

Ok, I think I figured out a way to create content from the app. I’m trying to make it so that the contents of an inline table are placed in the document, but I keep getting the following error:

Failed: Action not performed because 1 errors are present. Error: Workflow rule ‘Send Proposal’ action ‘Send Proposal’ Attachment template. Expression ‘End’ is invalid due to: Expression refers to undefined field…

This is what I am trying to attempt

Please post a screenshot of the entire error message.

I got it fixed. For some reason, I need to delete the previous workflow action and make a new one with the same template. Right now I am trying to access a record from the parent id using [_Thisrow-1].[Parentcolumnname] and I keep getting the following error.

This is the entire message:
Failed: Action not performed because 6 errors are present. Error: Workflow rule ‘New Workflow Rule 2’ action ‘Email Task’ Attachment template. Expression ‘[_THISROW-1].[Member]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘_THISROW-1’. Error: Workflow rule ‘New Workflow Rule 2’ action ‘Email Task’ Attachment template. Expression ‘[_THISROW-1].[Member Address]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘_THISROW-1’. Error: Workflow rule ‘New Workflow Rule 2’ action ‘Email Task’ Attachment template. Expression ‘[_THISROW-1].[HomePhone]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘_THISROW-1’. Error: Workflow rule ‘New Workflow Rule 2’ action ‘Email Task’ Attachment template. Expression ‘[_THISROW-1].[Care Manager]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘_THISROW-1’. Error: Workflow rule ‘New Workflow Rule 2’ action ‘Email Task’ Attachment template. Expression ‘[_THISROW-1].[CMEmail]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘_THISROW-1’. Error: Workflow rule ‘New Workflow Rule 2’ action ‘Email Task’ Attachment template. Expression ‘[_THISROW-1].[Insurance ID].[Insurance]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘_THISROW-1’…

This is what I am trying to achieve:

1 Like

Remove all occurrennces of [_THISROW-1]. from your template.

So how will I reference those columns? They come from another table that is a parent of the table I am using.

Good question, but [_THISROW-1] isn’t going to work for you.

They’re taken out, so what would be the next step? I tried using [_THISROW-2] but I got the same thing.

Your use of any _THISROW is nonsensical. Why would you think to use them? Just guessing?

What column of the row contains a Ref value to the parent?

1 Like

The table the template is sourcing from uses a ref column containing the ID of the parent. I was trying to use _thisrow to reference a column from the parent record.

And what is the name of that column?

_THISROW does not refer to the parent row.

1 Like

The name of the column is Estimate ID, which is also the key column in the Estimate tab, the parent of Proposal tab.

Edit:
I made a virtual column in the Proposal tab for the name using this formula to grab the name in the parent record:

select(Estimate[Member],([Estimate ID]=[_Thisrow-1].[Estimate ID]))

I also encountered another problem when I applied the formula to the Insurance. Instead of producing the name of the Insurance, it produced its ID instead. How can I make it is so that the name is produced instead?

Edit: added a virtual column that references the name. Also, I noticed there is an update to the workflow section. I’m trying to send test emails and I keep clicking execute action, but nothing is happening.