Document Question

Hello,

I want to merge a document template into a word/google doc and store the merged document in a google drive folder and access it through. The problem is that I can only merge documents through an email workflow and the merged document results in a pdf. I there a way I can solve this?

Thank you in advance

0 17 389
17 REPLIES 17

You canโ€™t create a word or google doc document as a result of a workflow rule.

Is there any other way to merge documents into a word file?

Not using AppSheet, no.

Darn. What originally aiming for was to mimic the functions in Autocrat. Is there a way to connect it to Appsheet?

Ok, I think I figured out a way to create content from the app. Iโ€™m trying to make it so that the contents of an inline table are placed in the document, but I keep getting the following error:

Failed: Action not performed because 1 errors are present. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜Send Proposalโ€™ action โ€˜Send Proposalโ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜Endโ€™ is invalid due to: Expression refers to undefined fieldโ€ฆ

This is what I am trying to attempt

Please post a screenshot of the entire error message.

I got it fixed. For some reason, I need to delete the previous workflow action and make a new one with the same template. Right now I am trying to access a record from the parent id using [_Thisrow-1].[Parentcolumnname] and I keep getting the following error.

This is the entire message:
Failed: Action not performed because 6 errors are present. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Workflow Rule 2โ€™ action โ€˜Email Taskโ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[_THISROW-1].[Member]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜_THISROW-1โ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Workflow Rule 2โ€™ action โ€˜Email Taskโ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[_THISROW-1].[Member Address]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜_THISROW-1โ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Workflow Rule 2โ€™ action โ€˜Email Taskโ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[_THISROW-1].[HomePhone]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜_THISROW-1โ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Workflow Rule 2โ€™ action โ€˜Email Taskโ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[_THISROW-1].[Care Manager]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜_THISROW-1โ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Workflow Rule 2โ€™ action โ€˜Email Taskโ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[_THISROW-1].[CMEmail]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜_THISROW-1โ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Workflow Rule 2โ€™ action โ€˜Email Taskโ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[_THISROW-1].[Insurance ID].[Insurance]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜_THISROW-1โ€™โ€ฆ

This is what I am trying to achieve:

Remove all occurrennces of [_THISROW-1]. from your template.

So how will I reference those columns? They come from another table that is a parent of the table I am using.

Good question, but [_THISROW-1] isnโ€™t going to work for you.

Theyโ€™re taken out, so what would be the next step? I tried using [_THISROW-2] but I got the same thing.

Your use of any _THISROW is nonsensical. Why would you think to use them? Just guessing?

What column of the row contains a Ref value to the parent?

The table the template is sourcing from uses a ref column containing the ID of the parent. I was trying to use _thisrow to reference a column from the parent record.

And what is the name of that column?

_THISROW does not refer to the parent row.

The name of the column is Estimate ID, which is also the key column in the Estimate tab, the parent of Proposal tab.

Edit:
I made a virtual column in the Proposal tab for the name using this formula to grab the name in the parent record:

select(Estimate[Member],([Estimate ID]=[_Thisrow-1].[Estimate ID]))

I also encountered another problem when I applied the formula to the Insurance. Instead of producing the name of the Insurance, it produced its ID instead. How can I make it is so that the name is produced instead?

Edit: added a virtual column that references the name. Also, I noticed there is an update to the workflow section. Iโ€™m trying to send test emails and I keep clicking execute action, but nothing is happening.

Top Labels in this Space