Does appsheet now have a feature to include a...

Does appsheet now have a feature to include a countdown? Eg:- I am building an app where a sales person is registered for training. He is then trained for 30 days and then an evaluation takes place.

I would like to put a countdown from 30 to 0 days on the app for the recruiter to see.

0 7 527
7 REPLIES 7

@Sukrit_Chopra such a counter is very easy to create with an AppFormula in a virtual or physical column depending on your app design.

You can do that with the virtual column like HOUR(TODAY()-[StartDate])/24

Just put a DateTime column with an initial value of NOW() in your main table. Create a [Countdown] virtual column with an AppFormula:

=DATE([DateTimeStamp])+30<=TODAY()

This formula will evaluate to TRUE/FALSE, where you can perform other operations with respect to the value of this Virtual Column

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks for the response, is there a way the virtual column could write data on my backend sheet, as someone at the HQ will also be looking at this date for registration.

Iโ€™m afraid itโ€™s not possible to write virtual columnโ€™s value to the spreadsheet. If you need to do that, you should create a scheduled data change report which could fire an action to count that value once in a night.

Or you can create a script for that purpose.

@Aleksi_Alkio yea thatโ€™s the option I have gone with for now. Used a Macro at the backend google sheet which is on a trigger every midnight

Top Labels in this Space