Does Appsheet Sometimes Loose it's "Memory"

So I added a virtual column to one of my tables, had to change the formula around a few times to make it work, but no matter what I tried I could not get the column to return data that I thought should have been included.
I created a new virtual column again and left the other one in place. I then started writing my formula and updated everything and voila the column contained the data that I thought should be included.
As a test, I then copied the โ€˜workingโ€™ formula from the 2nd virtual column to the 1st virtual column and saved&verified data. The 2nd vcolumn still contained the correct data but the 1st one did not even though the formulas are now identical.

Did the 1st vcolumn somehow get corrupted or what is the deal here?

2 4 191
4 REPLIES 4

More like loose itโ€™s mind! Haha 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

Sometimes strange things can get stuck โ€œunder the hoodโ€ - so to speak.

Iโ€™ve had views that had something happen to them where I had to scrap them and start anew; something to do with the โ€œelementโ€ that represents that thing (that view, column, slice) - the thing that we actually see and interact with on the screen.

These โ€œcontainers,โ€ or whatever theyโ€™re called, can get some erroneous metadata sometimes - though this is rare.

The solution is usually create a โ€œfreshโ€ version of whateverโ€™s acting weird.

Hi @Markus_Malessa, so @MultiTech_Visions is a grizzled veteran of many AppSheet years, so heโ€™s giving you pragmatic advice to workaround the occasional oddities of our platform.
But as a part of the AppSheet dev team, I think every one of these things sounds like a bug. So my request is โ€” please report it anytime something like this happens. If you have an app where there are two identical virtual columns and they produce different values, Iโ€™d love to see it. Because that sure isnโ€™t what is supposed to happen. If AppSheet โ€œloses its memoryโ€ in that way, Iโ€™m going to โ€œlose my sleepโ€ to get it fixed :]

3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

The same happens with "Is Part of". Every time I change a property in that table I need to remember to check again "Is Part of" in one of the fields.

Top Labels in this Space