Does appsheet support automatic updating of o...

Does appsheet support automatic updating of other column/cells of other sheet/table from using condition in other sheet/table? I am still new to appsheet and havenโ€™t read the documentation. Hope my question is clear.

0 5 362
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to AppSheet.

I was a newbie here a couple of years ago and got lots of help.

I think I know the answer to your question.

The short answer is โ€œyesโ€ but it may depend on what you mean by โ€œautomatic.โ€

In my app, I have an action button that records data on the current sheet.

I have set it up so that, when the user taps on that button, related information is also recorded on a related record on another sheet.

To be sure, though, could you say a bit more about what kind of app you want to build and what kind of a scenario you have in mind?

The scenario is like of SQL function, if you are familiar with:

UPDATE table1 SET column=โ€œdata in table2โ€ WHERE table1.data=table2.data. can it be done without adding action button or be translated into an appsheet expression?

Well, reading some docs might be helpful.

Iโ€™m not familiar with SQL, but AppSheet has โ€œworkflows,โ€ which are similar to what you describe.

@Jessrhyl_Longay

The closest thing to that SQL Update statement in AppSheet would be Action button that sets the value of a column, then you can run that action for several rows in one of the 2 ways below:

1. Using Bulk Actions as described in the article below: http://help.appsheet.com/behavior/actions/actions-the-essentials

2. Use another action that executes the first action for a set of rows

Top Labels in this Space