Does export action appear on a detail view?

faraaz

Hello Guys !!

I’m trying to place the export option on a detail view but the action does not appear on the view. If I change the view to table view it appears.

I want to know if export action has some limitations ??
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Faraaz Shaik

0 7 284
7 REPLIES 7

What prominence option are you using with the action? It shall be Display prominently to show it in a detail view.

Display - Prominently “Yes” and also I do not have any behavior conditions it just “True”. Also I have selected the Download Action on the slice action option but still it doe not appear.

What UX View type are you using? And what’s the meaning of “…I have selected the Download Action on the slice action option…”?

faraaz
  1. UX View type is “Detail”.
  2. Slice Name = Download_New(which has couple of columns)
  3. " Download Template" is my action name
  4. And what’s the meaning of “…I have selected the Download Action on the slice action option…” ? — So I have selected “Download Template” action on the slice actions option which appears on any slice created.
    but still I cannot see the download action on a detail view.

Is there any test app that I can see this feature ?
Please let me know if any.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Export is not a row-level action; it can only be displayed in an aggregate view (card, deck, gallery, or table).

faraaz

Thanks Steve, for the details.

Can you suggest me some tricks how to fix my use case. I will need to show a download button on a view with a note or “download details” we can say.

My thought was to create a virtual column on the table and show the download details which will not be a editable column on a detail view where a download button will be shown prominently.
Please let me know if there is any better fix for this scenario as we cannot pull in download button on a detail view.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Faraaz Shaik

As I said, the export-to-CSV action can only be displayed in an aggregate view, not in a detail view.

Top Labels in this Space