Does the sync time gets affected based on the...

Does the sync time gets affected based on the type of data sources we are using . I am use Sql database on azure as a data source . The sync time is around 20 seconds approx . I tried changing the data source to google sheet containing the same data as on Sql and the sync time reduced to 10 seconds approx . Is this something usual or are there ways to enhance the performance when using sql ?

Thanks!!

0 5 350
5 REPLIES 5

Harry2

@Tejaswini_Yarramanen Hi Tejaswini, how many rows are there in the SQL database and in the Google sheet? Also, is there any potentially long-running trigger or stored procedure in the database?

It is also possible that the location and nature of the sql database matters. Some of the free Azure sql databases are really slow because they have to be spun up on each use. This is not the case for the higher-end paid Azure sql databases

@Harry

Approx 10000 rows . There are no such triggers and sprocs on the database .

@praveen I am thinking this might be the issue . We have purchased a Basic SQL Tier on azure which just comes with 5 DTUโ€™s. That might be causing the performance issues . So does this mean google sheets have minimal performance issues . Because they seem to act very fast . Thanks For the idea!! We ll try looking into sql databases with much performance benefits.

Youโ€™ll find Google Sheets is pretty fast. But a good SQL database set up correctly will be even faster if there is any filtering of data happening (eg: a security filter in your app)

Top Labels in this Space