Don't clear data in inputs after clicking Submit

Hello I have the standart input-form with 3 inputs.

On the bottom right there is the button “ПОДТВЕРДИТЬ” (Submit). After entering values into inputs and clicking this button all data appends to the google spreadsheet, and inputs become cleared.

is there a way not to clear data in 2 first inputs after clicking button Submit?
and one more question - where can I turn off synchronization after clicking Submit?

Solved Solved
0 35 1,236
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Dmitriy_Rudakov
Your form can be set to to auto save and auto open.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

Aurelien
Participant V

Hi @Dmitriy_Rudakov

Can you be more specific about that ? Do you mean that values just written in the Google Sheets disappear ?

Here:

Thank you for sync, I will look))

No, I mean that after clicking on button Submit not to clear data in 2 form inputs. All data perfectly write to sheet))

@Dmitriy_Rudakov

ok.
Actually I think you have an option enabled in your form View options, which is probably currently ticked, unlike above:
3X_0_5_050df98c171d43931929cb5adb854bf1628838de.png

You need to have in mind that this is a form supposed to get data from user input in order to append a new row to your sheet. Because of this, it’s naturally empty.

If you want it to be pre-filled with previous entry, you may want to use the Initial value expression of each of the fields expected to be pre-filled.
For building the expression for getting the last value previously entered, I suggest you have a look to this excellent thread (almost my bedside book):

More accurately, this post:

thank you for help! where must I put this formula? Sorry, I’m newbe at this))

Hi @Dmitriy_Rudakov

Here:
3X_5_d_5d63056079d3f86489a5026404960e12d09c5b81.png

I already checked this, but it is nothing displayed.

wrote in auto computed in initial value

LOOKUP(
MAX(
SELECT(
@packing[_ROWNUMBER],
([_THISROW].[login] = [login])
)
),
@packing”,
“_ROWNUMBER”,
“login”
)

Hi @Dmitriy_Rudakov

I think there is a confusion here:

I would STRONGLY recommend you NOT use @ in you table names.

can you explain why? I’m newbe at this, where this can hinder me? this is reserved symbol in formula?

It’s not a “reserved” character, per se, but any punctuation in table names could conflict with existing or future syntactic elements. There have been times in the past when punctuation has cause subtle problems that were hard to troubleshoot.

thank you, I will edit this))

I added this formula here

is it right? I need to show last values in 2 inputs.

and no data showed

Seems obvious, but just in case: is there a data to show ?
You can see it with the Test button here:

about sync. Everything is turned off, but synchronization starts after every clicking on Submit…

About sync:
did you have a look to the first setting I shown here ?

yes, it is turned off too

you have to turn this one on (as it is in the image I provided)

but look. if I turn on delayed sync, the writing in spreadsheet is stopping to work(((

Actually no.
It will write, but a little slower.
You will know it’s written down as soon as the number in the red circle disappear.

Unless the behavior I’m describing is not the one you see ?

but it dissapear and writes to table only when I click on button Sync

3X_d_a_da3bb30f01984dac5271f243cc9a25849164ad5a.png

it can’t write automatically after Submit?

There is a misunderstanding of the Delayed Sync feature.
I suggest you have a look to this documentation:
Section “Delayed sync”

Here is how it behaves on my apps (it’s a GIF - real time behavior, around 30 to 45 secondes on a complex app):
3X_2_8_28956e1325c422c0f3ae67ca9661be78e070b02e.gif

do this influences on writing data to table? I wait more then 30 or 45 secondes, but the number in the red circle doesn’t disappear. When I click on cicle it appears the message with info about writing data and everything writes to table

about testing the formula with last value from table. It showes few results

may be I did something wrong with last values from the table? Can you look? I need one last value, not many values… Sorry(((

I think you did everything correctly.
About red circle, this is just an indication of the number of remaining elements to sync, so I don’t worry about that.

About the initial value expression, if the issue still persists, feel free to share your whole expression.
If so, please use this to wrap the copied expression, and indent it:
3X_8_d_8d612a06bd894063fd16e45146fd2c0b7dd38340.png

it’s here. may be it’s nothing in input because it is dropdown list?

LOOKUP(
  MAX(
    SELECT(
      @packing[_RowNumber],
      ([_THISROW].[login] = [login])
    )
  ),
  "@packing",
  "_RowNumber",
  "login"
)

I don’t get why that does not work.
Can you share a screenshot of this column configuration please ? (when you click on black pen)

ok, first pictures

I may be wrong, but I think you don’t need to set the same expression both in Suggested values and Valid_If, Valid_If is enough in my opinion.

Your Valid_If expression seems correct to me if you have to pick one or various values in a list.
But, I see your column type is Text.
Should be Enum.

Can you give it a try ?
Or, change the valid_if expression into something like
IN([_THIS], yourTable[yourColumn])

For reference

The simplest way to create such behavior:

1. Create an Action with “Do it” type “App: go to another view within this application” and “Target” as
    LINKTOFORM (“tasks_Form”, “login”, [_THISROW].[login], “table”, [_THISROW].[table])
    [replace your forms, table and column names]
  2. Form properties on the Behavior tab, set the “Event Action” (Form saved) name of the created action
    Voila3X_d_a_da22453165031b7994f83a7a5885973ded370845.gif

Oh, your way looks like issue) can you show me slowly where you click after Behavior? And how you created the task?
I can’t keep up with you((

and one more question, how did you organize that after submit the form remains on the screen?

@Dmitriy_Rudakov
Your form can be set to to auto save and auto open.

Top Labels in this Space