Download an image

kalanshovka
Participant II

How can I download an image from an application to my phone?

Solved Solved
0 35 2,642
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Then I reckon you somehow solve the problem?

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

You can do that either with the printscreen or sending it with an Workflow/email.

I plan to add a lot of image from the smartphoneโ€™s gallery as well as downloading images to a smartphone, so itโ€™s very inconvenient to send emails every time I download, is there another solution to my problem, including downloading offline files without access to the Internet?

@Aleksi

You create virtual column to dynamically generate the hyperlink to the saved image file. When your user click the link app will open up image in browser . User hold down over the image and then download to device become available to save the file to local .

Good workaround!

thanks for the help

Thank you

You are welcome

Perhaps you know an example of a proposal that implements this solution could share with me

I dont have particular sample for this, but you just create virtual column with expression like this.

hyperlink(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=โ€, ENCODEURL(โ€œYOURAPPNAME-APPIDโ€), โ€œ&tableName=โ€, ENCODEURL(โ€œYOURTABLENAMEโ€), โ€œ&fileName=โ€, ENCODEURL([YOURIMAGEDATAFIELD])),โ€œLink to imageโ€)

This should generate hyperlink to your image file on the same row. Click hyperlink on your mobile phone then it will open external browser. Keep pressing down your thumb on the image, then option should become available to download image.

Thank you very much. Iโ€™ll do it now.

Make sure to set the data type to URL for that virtual column.
Should be easy one.

Ok

I changed to the formula correctly?
hyperlink(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=ะคะพั‚ะพะบะพะฝะบัƒั€ั-1044910โ€, ENCODEURL(โ€œYOURAPPNAME-APPIDโ€), โ€œ&tableName=ะ›ะธัั‚1โ€, ENCODEURL(โ€œะฒ/ัƒ ะฟะตั€ะฒะฐั ัั‚ะพั€ะพะฝะฐโ€), โ€œ&fileName=โ€, ENCODEURL([ะฒ/ัƒ ะฟะตั€ะฒะฐั ัั‚ะพั€ะพะฝะฐ])),โ€œLink to imageโ€)

kalanshovka
Participant II

can i click on the image i and holding select using the download menu?

Tell me

1. Your AppName-ID You can find on the url on the browser when you are playing around with app editor.
  2. Your table name where you image file is sitting.
  3. The field/column name of your image file.

I can construct the expression for you.

One minute

1 ะคะพั‚ะพะบะพะฝะบัƒั€ั-1044910
2 ะ›ะธัั‚1
3 ะฒ/ัƒ ะฟะตั€ะฒะฐั ัั‚ะพั€ะพะฝะฐ

Could you try this one instead?

hyperlink(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=โ€, ENCODEURL(โ€œะคะพั‚ะพะบะพะฝะบัƒั€ั-1044910โ€), โ€œ&tableName=โ€, ENCODEURL(โ€œะ›ะธัั‚1โ€), โ€œ&fileName=โ€, ENCODEURL([ะฒ/ัƒ ะฟะตั€ะฒะฐั ัั‚ะพั€ะพะฝะฐ])),โ€œLink to imageโ€)

ok

Should work.

Hi @Koichi_Tsuji i face same problem and tried to reconstruct the link, here are my code

hyperlink(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=โ€, ENCODEURL(โ€œAssetOpname-office365-2147180โ€), โ€œ&tableName=โ€, ENCODEURL(โ€œASSETโ€), โ€œ&fileName=โ€, ENCODEURL([Photo full])),โ€œLink to imageโ€)

but the image not shown

adityo_reksopra_0-1655819068748.png

kalanshovka
Participant II

Thanks a lot, everything works. The link opens in an external browser.

Perfect.
Press down with thumb or any other finger on the image. Not sure you are on I phone or android, but download option should become available after few secs.

kalanshovka
Participant II

Thanks for the help. I couldnโ€™t do it myself.

What do they say? Sorry, I need a translator!

Open in a new tab, download the image on

Then I reckon you somehow solve the problem?

Yes, you helped me a lot

Great to hear.
Now case is closed, off course, it could not be a perfect solution with you though.

Hello, I created three additional fields with hyperlinks in the image. Is it possible to avoid creating these additional fields so that the hyperlink opens in an external browser when you click on the image?

Other community member may have workaround, I dont have any idea to achieve it.

But hitting hyperlink to open the image in browser should be good enough, and do the same thing by hitting the file in browser technically.
Also i dont want to have app to open image in external browser by hitting image, as it could happen we hit the image unintentionally by swiping finter on the app over the image.

Altenative could be set the card views for all the image files you have. Then create action open image url in external broswer. And associate such actoin to card view โ€œon clickโ€

kalanshovka
Participant II

Find this image on Google

kalanshovka
Participant II

Share Image

Just throwing this out thereโ€ฆ There is an action to download a fileโ€ฆ
You could also create a Virtual Column type file and wrap the image column in TEXT() or CONCATENATE() and then leverage that in the open file actionโ€ฆ (Pretty much works the same as your URL)

Top Labels in this Space