Download PDF on Mobile Safari Problems

I’ve got an integration built into an app where users can generate a PDF report and a link to that report is put into a column (of the File type) so they can tap it and open the PDF.

I’ve got a client that’s using iOS and can’t seem to download PDFs on mobile safari.

Is there a setting (on Safari) that they need to enable?

For reference:

• I’ve enabled secure PDF access in the app
  • I’ve enabled Require Image and File URL Signing
  • The links to the files work and the user (on Safari mobile) is able to see the PDFs
  • I am able to download the PDF on chrome.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 3 435
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @MultiTech Matt - did you ever get an answer to this issue?  I had the same issue about the same time, and ended up turning off secure PDF access so that PDFs could be viewed in the app browser on iOS.  Not ideal, as I like the security aspect of secure access, and it is also useful when you don't want to cache the PDF in cloudflare.  (Means one can update the PDF content without changing the name, e.g. no need for timestamp - and see the update immediately rather than the cached PDF).

I've just come up against the same issue 2 years later, so wondered if you'd had any joy?  If not, I'll go back to turning off secure access!

The way I do it is by making the relative path instead of a link construction.
Actually I never went the link route, I just made the relative path the first time and it works great.

Also, I make the file with a name that's predictable.

In my case I use an event tied to Add. This add is made to a table where the name of the file is part of the relative path constructed on the file column

Yep I use relative path also, and a piece of that as the file prefix.  Not sure this is related to Secure PDF Access stoping PDFs loading on iOS (403 - unauthorised access).

Top Labels in this Space