Drag event to edit

Be great if you could edit a Calendar event time by dragging and dropping.

Status Open
10 12 500
12 Comments
Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Why? How is the current approach insufficient?

Tom_automated

Because it’s simpler and I wouldn’t have to open up the Calendar form.

c_Lo
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Great request! Seems to be a feature well used on the Google calendar as well. Would be nice if Appsheet would support this.

Ryan_F
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Please add drag and drop feature to calendar entries. We schedule field crews and deliverable deadlines that are fluid and being able to drag and drop calendar entries such as found in google calendar has a huge time savings advantage. Please… Please… Please. Thanks Ryan

Tyler_Smith1
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

I to would like to see the drag and drop feature added. Would make managing field service reps way easier.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

I think this is difficult to implement.
Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great idea but I don’t see how it could be implemented on a user-friendly and intuitive way since you can start and end events on calendar view using Date or DateTime.
There should be a way that if the column is DateTime it should change just the date and not the time if you drag-and-drop from the Month view but you should be able to change both, Date and Time, if it’s from Week view and just Time if it’s Day view?
Calendar view on AppSheet is more than just for events like Google Calendar.
And, at the same time, I feel like Calendar View needs a whole redesign and not just this feature.
For example, you can not add rows to a certain day because the record always defaults to the Initial Value expression and doesn’t care about your view.
CONTEXT(VIEW) don’t work for this “inside view” scenarios

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

veneer
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Really need this feature. It's tough to get buy in on the calendar as people are used to doing this in other timesheet apps or even Outlook and Gmail calendars.  

Jonathan_Beaton
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Would love to second this request for feature. This has been really helpful for all sort of reasons. Wherever a start or end time has been defined, it would be great to be able to drag and reposition either the start or end time. Such a thing would make the calendar view an incredibly efficient tool for schedule planning. 

AndreaRu
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I don't see why it would be difficult to implement... if you move the event in monthly view it only changes the date. If you move the event in weekly view it changes date and time. It's the same behavior in Google calendar. I would love to have this feature! 

Thank for your great work 

JobCall1234
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I have a Client that is looking for drop and drag functionality in the calendar for moving the schedule around.  He may consider going to another vendor if we cannot provide this functionally