Drawing Tools

Cortex
Participant IV

Hi @TDhers and @morgan

It would be really useful to add more features to the drawing type column. [ many user cases]

By Priority

• Form :
    Line
    Square
    Circle
    Triangle
    Polyline will be a dream

• Text [differents font optional]

• Stickers [ Emoji Phone will work the best for many user cases]

• More Color

The drawing type is under-exploited for those above reasons.

Free Hand Drawing isn’t really suitable for “professional rendering”, especially on a mobile phone.

Regards,

Status Under Review
17 16 1,448
16 Comments
Fabian_Weller
Participant V

And also to have an undo function that goes only one step back.

2X_7_76e283bd0594eae3235ba8a4593beee77753a92e.png

Right now it clears the whole drawing.

Austin
Participant V

I had 0 clue there even was a drawing feature until @Fabian replied to this post.

Fabian_Weller
Participant V

Oh yeah and I like it
You can also annotate on an existing image

Grant_Stead
Participant V

@Adam I would love to see this drawing tool to be able to “expand” to full screen. Hoping it could be kinda like the in form map expanding feature… I have a client that needs to be able to mark up detailed images.

TDhers
Participant V

Thank you Grant. @Arthur_Rallu can we add this to our WIP DB, it might be a good onboarding project for a new team mate…

Grant_Stead
Participant V

@Arthur_Rallu With the use of images as XY background, being able to draw on an engineered floor plan as your doing construction has so much value. So, being able to open the image, zoom in, and mark it up, so powerful!

Fabian_Weller
Participant V

This reminds me of a feature request I made back in October 2017

Signature Fullscreen

Many of our customers have problems with the signature field. They take the Smartphone in one hand and by touching the display, they disable the possibility to do a signature with the other hand. Or they click on any button of the App. So it’s really like a game

What do you think about the way Adobe handels Signature capturing? When you click on Signature, the Signature field opens up. There are no other Buttons. And the screen turns from Portrait to Landscape.

Thank you for considering.

3X_a_5_a54c46d8f17b5748838169c08d48d2877ae113b0.png

Grant_Stead
Participant V

AGREE
I wish that we had more pop - up/out control… It creates focus…

TDhers
Participant V

@Arthur_Rallu ^ another good one for us to start tracking and looking at as a small UX improvement type project.

Grant_Stead
Participant V

@Arthur_Rallu Was curious if this ever made it onto your WIP

Michel_van_Ruij
Participant III

And also would be very nice to make it able to use a active pen for drawing.

Grant_Stead
Participant V

@TDhers did this advanced drawing markup ever make the cut. I’m still holding out hope. Our industrial clients use drawings like their life depends on it, and they redline them to death. It’s how they communicate. Then we use these images as XY Backgrounds. Right now the workflow to get a markup on an image is mucho undesirable.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dan_Oliphant
Participant V

Any updates here? @Roderick