Drop down list with Keys selected

How can you have a dropdown list of items that show values rather than the keys. However, when the values are selected, the key is written to the database and not the values.

0 7 536
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

This is neither a tip nor a trick actually. In RDMS, a reference between tables are always established with key values. What you see in the dropdown is the Label for that table, which gives you a more meaningful item set rather then reading the unique key values.

Agree with you 100 percent. However, what is in the dropdown are the keys, my question, how to get the another column displayed that is user friendly, but at the same time the key is selected base on what the user selects to keep the integrity of the database relationship.

Thatโ€™s the ROW LABEL tag in your column structure. If you donโ€™t have any meaningful column to present as a label, you can create a VC with a CONCATENATE() expression and assign it as the LABEL. You can assign 1 image/thumbnail type + 1 text type column as a Label, but not 2 text types, 2 images or more than 2 columns as a Label.

thank you, I believe you answered my question now. I will go and attempt this, sounds simple enough. thanks a mil

Youโ€™re welcome. Please edit your post and change the post tag to QUESTION. Thnx.

Its already done. thanks.

Thanks for your help and consideration. Youโ€™re welcome indeed.

Top Labels in this Space