Drop down with add other? Is this possible, ...

Drop down with add other?

Is this possible, if the value is not in the list (similar to google forms?

0 6 347
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Please explore column type Enumlist.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar column type enum is enough but you need to check allow other values.

Enum list is needed only when more than one value from the drop down needs to be selected.

What I mean is a drop down list that allows text input if the user cannot find the value. I tried selecting allow other values for enumlist and there is not option to add an additional text value.

To give some context, I have a โ€œCity Listโ€ on a form, which is quite a long list as it is. The majority of users, if local, will be able to find their city value. But if the user is international, they should just be able to โ€œadd otherโ€, just like google forms, and text input the value.

@Emma_Nixon, May we know if you are selecting, the City list from another table and column , using Valid_if constraint? In that case Enumlist will not give options to add other values even with,:allow other values" option. You will get Add other values option with defining, Enum values in the column definition itself and selecting โ€œallow other valuesโ€ option.

Also may we know if the user is expected to selects only one city value from the list at a time or multiple values?

If you are selecting the Enum values using valid_if constraint, then as per my understanding , you may add another column for capturing โ€œOther Citiesโ€ . You can make it Show_if when someone enters โ€œOther Cityโ€ in the main city column.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Yes I am using the valid if constraint. So that answers that question. Thanks for your inputs. I wanted to avoid adding another column, but looks like its the only way. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Top Labels in this Space