Dropdown of columns

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I have a table with 20 columns, some of them are hiden from the user with a showif. Lets say i want my user to be able to select by himself which columns to have access to, can i create a dropdown in each row so the user can select these columns?

0 14 256
14 REPLIES 14

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

To clarify, im asking is there a way for my user to build his own form structure based on current columns, perhaps in user settings?

Yes you can do that and the Usersettings is a good solution. You could add an Enumlist field with your column names and then use something like IN(โ€œColAโ€,Usersettings(โ€œShowColumnsโ€)) with the Show? option.

To make it more complicated, lets say i want to have multiple forms. So i have a bunch of location IDs, i want a designated form for each ID. Guessing that is far reaching?

You could have one Usersetting field for one form. Though if you have lot of them like >10, then you should start to think a table for that purpose.

OK, iโ€™m struggling with the first thing, using usersettings.
I have created in usersetings an enum with column name named forms.
what is the expression i should write in the showif?

If you want to choose multi columns in one field, you should use EnumList, not Enum. Then the formula would be IN(โ€œColAโ€,Usersettings(โ€œShowColumnsโ€)). Though you need to use own values and column names.

Works great.
Now if i may bother you some more, how would i create multi forms with a table?

Sorry, couldnโ€™t understand your request.

You said that if i want more than 10 form settings i should add a table.

Do you have more than 10 forms?

My client may have

Then you would need to create a reference table where you have one record for one user per form.

To conclude
I have created a table with a column of form ID, for each form i assigned a site and a true/false select for column names.
When a user selects a form name there is a showif? That matches the data on my form table.
Thanks for your help as always

Yes thatโ€™s one approach.

Top Labels in this Space