Dropdown referenced table

In a dropdown from a referenced table expected behavior is a default selection based on the record you come from. I now have one situation without this default. I have to select manually. What am I missing?

0 13 290
13 REPLIES 13

I believe we havenโ€™t understood your case. Can you please elaborate? May be with a screenshot, table schema etc.

3X_1_5_1590a44e6415195c5462002b84cc004ee428c8bd.png

Name House references to a table and gives me the dropdown.
Opening the dropdown gives me the list of houses. I expect a preselected choice based on the record I come from. Normally that works fine, but not here.

Which record are you coming from?? Is that Name House ref column is set with isPartOf?

Coming from Name House, then to Controls and then to Score.

Name House is not set with isPartOf.

Iโ€™m not asking the field nameโ€ฆYou have stated that โ€œโ€ฆI expect a preselected choice based on the record I come fromโ€ฆโ€. Iโ€™m asking from which record are you coming from?

Not sure what you mean, but this is where I come from:

Add brings me to the Score Form and the dropdown. in there. See above.

So you basically adding a child record for your parent table which is Apparatuur or whatever else it might be, via the Add button under the inline view. Is that correct?

Yep

Apparatuur = Devices or Controls

You should have a REF column in your Scores table. You can use a de-ref expression in the Initial Value of Score tables Form view to pre-select what you want.

[Name of House].[ColumnA] // replace with the actual column name that you want to fetch from the parent

[Controls].[ColumnB] // replace with the actual column name that you want to fetch from the parent

I set it to isPartOf but doesnโ€™t seem to helpโ€ฆ

That what I have. In fact Score is a joint table with 2 parents (Houses & Controls). Also the dereferences you suggest are there.

Any thoughts?

Itโ€™s rather quiet out there

Top Labels in this Space