Dropdown referenced table

In a dropdown from a referenced table expected behavior is a default selection based on the record you come from. I now have one situation without this default. I have to select manually. What am I missing?

I believe we haven’t understood your case. Can you please elaborate? May be with a screenshot, table schema etc.

1 Like

Dropdown1

Name House references to a table and gives me the dropdown.
Opening the dropdown gives me the list of houses. I expect a preselected choice based on the record I come from. Normally that works fine, but not here.

Which record are you coming from?? Is that Name House ref column is set with isPartOf?

1 Like

Coming from Name House, then to Controls and then to Score.

Name House is not set with isPartOf.

I set it to isPartOf but doesn’t seem to help…

I’m not asking the field name…You have stated that “…I expect a preselected choice based on the record I come from…”. I’m asking from which record are you coming from?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean, but this is where I come from:

Add brings me to the Score Form and the dropdown. in there. See above.

So you basically adding a child record for your parent table which is Apparatuur or whatever else it might be, via the Add button under the inline view. Is that correct?

1 Like

Yep

Apparatuur = Devices or Controls :slight_smile:

You should have a REF column in your Scores table. You can use a de-ref expression in the Initial Value of Score tables Form view to pre-select what you want.

[Name of House].[ColumnA] // replace with the actual column name that you want to fetch from the parent

[Controls].[ColumnB] // replace with the actual column name that you want to fetch from the parent
1 Like

That what I have. In fact Score is a joint table with 2 parents (Houses & Controls). Also the dereferences you suggest are there.

Any thoughts?

It’s rather quiet out there :slight_smile: