Duplicate the data structure for the new application

I’m have some problems with application created for my busines:

1. Too many forms/columns visibled for all users (security filters can`t solve problem) including some of which “ordinal” users not need to view
  2. Too many vitrual columns that increase the synchronization time

I assume that some of the problems can be solved by creating a group of applications wich will use one data source and solve specific tasks of groups/departments
But!
I couldn’t find a way to transfer/copy the data structure to another application (with virtual columns, def values etc.)
Is it possible?

Solved Solved
0 4 147
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bonameblisto @Marc_Dillon

The solution I propose provides a reliable way to update a component rather than having to duplicate all the single changes by hand. Please see section 4.3.2 in App Component Reuse Solution.

If you think my feature request would be useful, your vote will help !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can copy the entire app from here:

But there is no way to only copy portions of an app. There is a feature request for this though:

Marc! Thanks for answer.
But I’m see next problem: how to synchronise data structure changes (we are not Gods and can’t create ideal structure )
With my non-academic view - data is data, data presentation is presentation, and I can’t understand why i can’t use CTRL+C/CTRL+V for data description for reuse in other app’s
PS Thanks for link to “Feature Request”! I`m not alone

Manually.

@bonameblisto @Marc_Dillon

The solution I propose provides a reliable way to update a component rather than having to duplicate all the single changes by hand. Please see section 4.3.2 in App Component Reuse Solution.

If you think my feature request would be useful, your vote will help !

Top Labels in this Space