Duration column in card view

Dave2

Hi,

I’m wondering if duration column types are excluded from card views. I have a card view and the only column that does not come up as an option to display is a duration column. I have a virtual column that converts the duration to a decimal and that shows up, but not duration column itself.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 7 277
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could you try workaround of using another text column with an expression something like TEXT([Duration Column]) and using this text column in the card view?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Dave2

Anyone? @Steve?

Could you try workaround of using another text column with an expression something like TEXT([Duration Column]) and using this text column in the card view?

I’m told this was a deliberate exclusion, but wasn’t given a reason.

Good to know. It would have been great if that bit of info was in the documentation somewhere. It would have saved me half a day of hair pulling and digging around my app settings, but I couldn’t find it. Anyway, glad that’s cleared up. Thanks!

I agree! But nobody ever told me of the built-in limitations, and I avoided using the card views entirely because they were in beta…until they silently weren’t in beta any longer. I continue to avoid card views because they’re still buggy and the developer behind them has left the company.

The plot thickens… I like that it adds some visual interest and has a progress bar, but the bugginess and limitations leave something to be desired. I’m with you there.

Dave2

@Suvrutt_Gurjar A brilliantly simple workaround. Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space