Dynamic currency symbols

It’d be nice to enter a formula to set the currency symbol of a price column. This way we could change the symbol depending on a country column for instance, or add a custom symbol not present in the standard list.

Status Open
17 12 1,926
12 Comments
Raju_Tadepally

Hi @Filipe ,
i also have same issue.
in my app, the country & currency to be used in the app would be selected by user in the form & the price currency symbol must change to that currency.
App sheet & other developers , please help.

pdorenberg

Good day all,

Just curious if there was an update to this thread?

Yes, I was thinking / looking for same thing as I would like to have the app capable of knowing what the currency would be based on “Country Option” in User Setting.

I think using a switch statement would work but I’m just trying to sort out to assign the symbol to the currency symbol drop down?

This initial statement resolves but I need to assign the respective symbol to the currency symbol field (which is not stored in the table).
SWITCH(“Country Option”, “Canada”, , "US", , “UK”, £, “France”, €, “Germany”, €, $)

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Paul

Austin
Gold 1
Gold 1

I think you could concatenate the symbol onto a text column.
This feature would essentially be one massive switch statement based on some country field so adding the symbol in a virtual column would essentially accomplish the same thing.

Gagan_Arora

Hi Austin

how can upload a symbol in a cloumn to show. i guess i am also looking for the same i.e.

concatenate the symbol onto a text column

2X_7_74578bd5ffcfe21802f8fa89a027f1cdc353a4a1.png

i want to place " education icon" along with the word education in section header

kindly help

tvinci

Hi @Filipe,

If I were you I would attempt an ifs() statement dependent on the value of the row in the country column in the initial value field under “AUTOCOMPUTE.” Just change the type of the column in question and use [_THISROW].[country column name] to reference the correct value.

Austin
Gold 1
Gold 1

£ ¥ ֏ ߾ ௹
So you can copy and paste UNICODE characters into appsheet. As far as I’ve heard this works on most browser/phones although do expect a random person that has a device that does not support them.

Ahmed_Zeidan

Just checking if any further update on this important feature request ?

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

kajetan_eyvi
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I have the same issue. My app has to generate offers in local currency or in euro. Right now I think the only way around is to create columns for both and show or hide them using if statements. Would be much better if I could just change the symbol depending on which currency is chosen or at least or even better to inherit currency symbol from other field.

mendel
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

This is fundamentally important for international audience where multi-currency transactions are common. It shouldn't need a hack to show the appropriate currency symbol alongside the number to make the information clear, esp when hacking it such that the price/amount value becomes text renders all numeric properties lost

Michuli
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Any updates on this??

ALL my customers use their apps with local currency and US dollars. 

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

Well, some issues are just annoyances, like this one, for the moment.

Using CONCATENATE() in a text column is the main thing that you can do.

Since Price columns can be used as a Group aggregate in a Group by header, how would you manage to aggregate different currencies?