Dynamic email actions not visible with condition

Dave2

I’ve noticed that when an action has a condition for which rows it’s available on, the action does not display in the dynamic email detail view. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a workaround? It hinders the usefulness of this feature if the user has to go into the app anyway to execute an action.

1 7 471
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Dynamic emails have all sorts of limitations. I suggest you post your concern in this thread:

Thanks Steve! Looks like the embedded view doesn’t evaluate certain expressions. Oh well.

Hi @Dave,

Would you mind sharing the specific use case? Or, you could also share the app with me as an editor at mhashmi@appsheet.com and I can take a look. I can confirm whether this is a bug or just something unsupported in Dynamic Emails today.

Thanks,
Sarmad

Hi @Sarmad_Hashmi,

I have since modified the app to use dropdown menu selection instead of actions, but the use case here was I wanted the actions to display in the dynamic email only if a certain condition was present (in this case, the user is listed as “Admin” based on a column value from another table). If the user was not “Admin” the action wouldn’t display. However, I noticed that any condition expression I used for the action caused the action to not display in the email at all. Maybe because the expression included the USEREMAIL as a variable, I’m not sure.

Hi @Dave,

Thank you for outlining the problem! I’ve added this our internal tracking system. Do let me know if you have an app that is able to reproduce this issue as that would help greatly in the investigation.

Thank you,
Sarmad

Hi @Dave,

Do you mind sharing the expression you were using to display the action?

Thank you,
Sarmad

I'd like to send a details view with quick edit enabled for the Approval column, which has showIf and editableIf set to USERROLE() = "Admin"

However, the yes/no type buttons are not shown in the email view unless I disable the expression. From the known limitations section in the help article, I can only read that CONTEXT() expressions are not supported.

What am I missing? How could I achieve an admin-only column shown in the email?

Top Labels in this Space