Dynamic Group Name

Mike_T
Participant V

Is it possible to dynamically name a grouping in Deck View? I have a column [Mgr Approved] and its a Yes/No column. Was hoping to show the Deck View grouped with a title of Manager Approved: Y and Manager Approved: N as the group header names.

Changing column Display setting to Concatenate("Manager Approved: "[Mgr Approved] only changes the column title in the Detail View.

Thoughts on accomplishing this?

Solved Solved
0 2 335
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I understand correctly, i think there are two ways you can solve this.

1. The Yes/No columns now have the ability to specify button label values. So you can set the yes value to โ€œManager Approved: Yโ€ and the no value to โ€œManager Approved: Nโ€. These will show on the buttons and should also show as the Group Heading when the [Mgr Approved] column is grouped.

If you donโ€™t like these values showing as the button values, I think you can use an expression to change the label value based on context. So for example, the yes value expression could be:

IF(CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Table",  "Manager Approve: Y",  "Yes")

Then a similar expression for the no value expression.

The Yes/No button labeling is relatively new so Iโ€™m not sure the above will work as described.

1. You can create an additional (virtual or physical) column that sets the text as โ€œManager Approved: Yโ€ or โ€œManager Approved: Nโ€ based on the value of [Mgr Approved] column. Then simply group by that column instead.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If I understand correctly, i think there are two ways you can solve this.

1. The Yes/No columns now have the ability to specify button label values. So you can set the yes value to โ€œManager Approved: Yโ€ and the no value to โ€œManager Approved: Nโ€. These will show on the buttons and should also show as the Group Heading when the [Mgr Approved] column is grouped.

If you donโ€™t like these values showing as the button values, I think you can use an expression to change the label value based on context. So for example, the yes value expression could be:

IF(CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Table",  "Manager Approve: Y",  "Yes")

Then a similar expression for the no value expression.

The Yes/No button labeling is relatively new so Iโ€™m not sure the above will work as described.

1. You can create an additional (virtual or physical) column that sets the text as โ€œManager Approved: Yโ€ or โ€œManager Approved: Nโ€ based on the value of [Mgr Approved] column. Then simply group by that column instead.

#2 is a perfect solution!

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space