Dynamic Slices, views and labels

Sorry if you guys already know this but it is new for me.

I used to have 9 slices and 9 views depending on which of 3 USERSETTINGS()'s the user selected on 3 choices. (Level 1, Level 1 and Level 3)

Now I have 3 slices and 3 views for the 3 choices! :slight_smile:

Firstly, the user will select an option from User Settings that I have already set up

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 07.56.25

These settings are also editable by the user in an underlying sheet using a VALID_IF

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 07.53.28

On selecting one of the 3 options the App sets [Proximity Distance] to the selected value

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 07.46.36

The [Proximity Distance] value can then be used to select the correct data in Slices and to set Menu Views

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 07.48.01

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 07.55.12

and in the slice associated with the view using…

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 07.49.07

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 07.49.47

Whenever the user changes the USERSETTING the App dynamically applies the [Proximity Distance] where needed throughout the rest of the app.

Has saved me App Space and Coding.

If you need any help, don’ hesitate to contact me!

2 Likes

Hi Steve.
I´m trying use slices in my app, I saw you´ve been successful in your first aplication, I´m trying select just rows that have something writed.

So i need a condition that write: If the row have been IS BLANK do not show the collumn in the frontend form

Could you help me?

Hi Laura. I’ll see if I can help :slight_smile:

If all you want to do is hide a column then you can use the Show_If statement for it…

In my example, the column Reported By will only be shown if another column [Date Completed] is blank.

If you need a Slice to manipulate data that meets criteria then use something like…

This will return all data that meets the criteria. It will not hide a column though.

Hope some of this helps.

ISNOTBLANK() is the opposite to ISBLANK()

If not, get back in touch.

Keep safe :slight_smile:

1 Like