Dynamically change the number of row or seque...

Dynamically change the number of row or sequence from the top to bottom by selection of the column sort.

I have table with multiple columns.

Create deck view, using this table and sort by "Section Name: in ascending order.

By clicking the top of deck view, move to detail view. Then scroll to right to view the next.

What I wish to do is to put something like page number on each row on this ground.

x page / y total page.

It could be easily done to add total page number by using vc, count(select()) expression.

However, Iโ€™m stuck to find a way to add page number.

Is there anyone who has idea how to add page number to each row by using vc + expression?

0 15 799
15 REPLIES 15

Are these records fixed and how many of them you have?

@Aleksi_Alkio the table has bunch of physical column around 40+ and VC as well around 20 .

From this sorted deck view, for instance, the image appearing on the very top of deck view, want to put stamp (vc) - 1 then 2,3,4,โ€ฆ

Gotcha.

There is no easy solution for that because we canโ€™t read the order number with an expression. We would need a โ€œPlaceโ€ or โ€œPickโ€ expression to do that.

@Aleksi_Alkio so it s impossible โ€ฆ

I wouldnโ€™t say itโ€™s impossible, but the virtual column would have a huge formula. Or at least I donโ€™t know any easy solution.

I believe it would be easier to use QUERY formula directly in the sheet and then use that table as a source. But do I remember correctly that you are using SQL as a database.

@Aleksi_Alkio thatโ€™s correct. Iโ€™m using sql.

How many records?

@Aleksi_Alkio currently around 5000

5000 records in that deck view?

5000 is total across whole table. The deck view usually have around 100 or less, but depends filter.

Okay. You could do it like thisโ€ฆ create a virtual column with a formula CONCATENATE([_ROWNUMBER]-1,"/",COUNT(TableName[KeyColumnName]))

You mentioned about a filterโ€ฆ is it a slice and you are showing only some of your records?

@Aleksi_Alkio This table is basically child table.

Link to parent through a certain column.

Sorry, it is not necessarily a slice, but the deck view is showing the images appended to parent record only.

@tsuji_koichi When we display the image on deck view, it is sorted by โ€œsection nameโ€ column. So it is not order of the row number in ascending order. Hence your suggested expression does not work in this case.

Top Labels in this Space