Editing Record via Parameter

Is it possible to enter an ID attribute as a parameter to filter and edit a specific record on a table?

To better explain, I have a table full of employee records. Once a year, we have to renew the information for each individual. To do this, I was thinking of perhaps coming up with a view where they enter in their unique id, and by doing so, the table would filter and their record would pop up to edit. Not sure if this is possible. Any help is appreciated.

0 4 101
4 REPLIES 4

This is kind of vague. It might help to explain your actual use-case, with table names, screenshots, etc.

Iโ€™m taking a guess, though- It sounds like you might be able to do this with
Action: execute an action on a set of rows

This action type lets you target a set of rows to update, and the target rows can be selected with an expression that takes other inputs. I think this might be what youโ€™re asking.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yes, this is possible. Youโ€™ll probably want a separate table that will be used by a form into which the user will enter their ID. Upon submitting the form, a Form Saved event action could be used to navigate to the userโ€™s specific record.

Hi Steve. Can you please elaborate how the action would navigate through the table? Appreciate any help.

An action of type App: got to another view within this app, with a Target expression that uses LINKTOROW().

See also:

Top Labels in this Space