Editor goes blank

Sometimes the app editor goes blank in the browser.
I’m using chrome.
It only seems to happen on one app which has a lot of tables and slices and a lot of data in the tables.
The problem is when I’m editing and it goes blank before I save, which thankfully hasn’t happened much.
Does anyone know why this happens?

0 9 510
9 REPLIES 9

I think I know what you are talking about. I use a Mac and sometimes I edit with my Chrome browser but I often use Safari. On my Safari browser I have occasionally noticed that the image of the app on the right side of the editor doesn’t display properly until I refresh the browser. Come to think of it, though, this hasn’t happened recently. Are you still experiencing the problem?

It’s not the app on the right that goes blank it’s the whole editor.
Which means sometimes I make changes and then lose them.

I’m now trying to regenerate a table structure and it keeps going blank

Simon, thanks for the report. Do you remember what you were changing right before the editor went blank? This is often a symptom of a bug or a very slow loading. I’ve searched for this app and noticed that we have 3 exceptions of “Timed out waiting for a resource. The reason is usually a very large/slow loading table or a cross-table cycle in AppSheet formulas.”. Can you think of something that would cause this?

I’ve been experiencing this just this afternoon. If I let it sit, it usually take 30 seconds (maybe 1 min) for it to load.

@nico (I’ve been working on action, btw.)

@nico This time I was regenerating a table. That table isn’t very large, but there are a few other tables that are very large. Lots of columns as well as rows.
It was happening more at the end of last year and I have moved some data out of some of those large tables, so that would make sense for a reason.
Hopefully there is something that can be done to stop it disappearing when it realises it’s going to happen and show a warning to save.
Or maybe this doesn’t happen very often anyway.

Ok, what’s likely happening is there a timeout when it re-constructs these large tables that causes an exception leading the editor to go blank. I’ll add this to my work queue and update you when I have a fix.

Hello Nico,
Have you had chance to look at this. It’s happening again today.

Could you send an email to support@appsheet.com with the following information:

• Name of the app that broke the editor
  • What was the last action you took before the blank screen? Was it also a table regeneration or did it happen the first time you loaded the page?
  • Did it eventually load or is it slow?

I’m trying to make it break now, but it’s working.
I’ll still send the email though.
It seems to be when I have a large table open in the Columns section. And other times I think in Slices.
It’ll often be when I load it.
@MultiTech_Visions I haven’t been patient enough to wait a minute

Top Labels in this Space