[Editor Interface Improvement] Slice Managing

Hello Appsheet Team,

It’s been while I wanted to up this problem.

Let me explain,

First one :

When you create a new slice with custom columns, it automatically adds ALL the columns of the table !!!

So I always spend my time suppressing all the unnecessary columns, for the one who works with a table that has more than a hundred columns its can be counted of hours “wasted”.

For the analogy, a slice in this way is constructed by subtraction instead of addition.

Hours saved if you just let the editor adding only the needed columns.

The second one is related :

When you add a new column in a table, all the slice made of it got automatically updated with the new column.

Again, for the editor who work with more than 20-40 slices its hours wasted to manually go into every slices and subtract the undesired new column(s).

Hope this improvement can be quickly added, i think many would be grateful.

At least 15% of my time for creating a complex AppSheet App is for solving these issues.

Maybe is an option available to ovoid this editor behavior but i never find it.

Regards,

Thanks for yours post.
I m with you, but it should be a case by case, people may find current behavior is useful, to add new columns to slice etc.

To meet the different requirement, I thought the best solution would be each user can set its own preference. For instance, to place new setting in OPTION tab for UI, “Add new rows to slice automatically” - turn on or off, something like that.

1 Like

Yeah, trully on the same page, thats what i wanted to say on a possible option available.

What we need is an option that’s satisfy all users cases.

Wait and see.

1 Like

Yes, let s see this would be taken by Appsheet team with a hope.
Keep fingers crossed.

Hi @Jeremie
Originally we had to add all the columns one by one which was also a pain so all the columns were then added. Maybe we need a choice to do it either way.

1 Like

Hi,

Yeah, you right.
We truly need both behaviors on an editor option.

But to counter the first version when we had to add all columns, an easy fix was to create a full column slice end duplicate it, to optimize the time.

But what really “bothers” me is when i add a new column in a table and have to manually fix all my slices.

I’m sure AppSheet, will come with a solution.

1 Like

@TDhers Any thoughts about this ? [should be a simple roll to implement]