Editor not Saving

When I hit save in the editor it acts like it’s going to save, but returns without saving. Same version number, save button still lit. Tried everything I could think of, please help!

Solved Solved
0 7 299
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for responses @Austin_Lambeth, @Kirk_Masden, and @Steve . As “one last thing to try”, I deleted the view I had recently created and was working on (making changes with Actions/navigation), and I’m back in business!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Kent_Brannagan! Welcome to the community!

I don’t think I’ve had that particular problem and am not sure what might cause it. Is it possible that you have the editor open in more than one tab of your browser? If you’ve edited the app in one tab and then try to edit it in another tab, that can cause problems. That has happened to me.

Thanks for your quick response @Kirk_Masden . No, not open in another tab. Tried refreshing the browser, tried a new Google Chrome window, brought back an older version of the app, even rebooted. The only thing I can think of is that I was using undo/redo somewhat frequently and that has caused some confusion.

Also tried reloading the app, and making a copy of the app. The same thing happens in the copy. Regenerating column structure does not work either. There are no errors showing in Info>Errors. I have one other app and it saves without issue.

This is way beyond my knowledge level. In a case like this, I think it would be good to contact support@appsheet.com. Good luck!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I second @Kirk_Masden’s suggestion: contact support@appsheet.com for help with this one.

I’ve had this happen alot as well but mine generally have to do with my most current signed in google account. If I switch gmail account while having the editor open I think it views me as not me when trying to save if that makes sense.

Thanks for responses @Austin_Lambeth, @Kirk_Masden, and @Steve . As “one last thing to try”, I deleted the view I had recently created and was working on (making changes with Actions/navigation), and I’m back in business!

Top Labels in this Space