Email Circular from Google Workspace -

My company is run by myself, so no other colleague in my group even for the use of Google Workspace which I m using, but I got email circular which could be of interest for who using Google Workspace enterprise.

See below. (copied from my email)

Hello Administrator,

We are writing to let you know that starting December 14, 2020 , we are adding an individual control for AppSheet to the Admin console used for Additional Google services. AppSheet accesses and uses data from sources such as Google Sheets. Read more in AppSheetโ€™s terms of service. If you are satisfied with the AppSheet setting defaulted ON for everyone, and want the application to continue working as before, there is no action required.

What does this mean for my organization?

The new setting โ€œService Statusโ€ (found under Apps > Additional Google services > Settings for AppSheet) makes it possible to enable or disable AppSheet for your entire organization or specific OUs, groups and users:

As an existing Google service, AppSheetโ€™s new individual control is set to default ON for everyone in your organization (consistent with your current setting for managing services that arenโ€™t controlled individually).

What are my options?

• If you want to prevent AppSheet from being available to specific groups, organizational units or your organization, please review and adjust settings or turn off AppSheet in the Admin Console. See more about the new setting below:
    • Once the new setting is available to you, change it to OFF to disable for your entire organization.
    • If you want to enable a subset of users in your organization to use AppSheet, while turning AppSheet off for the remainder of your organization, you can create a new Organizational Unit (OU) or Access Group and then customize access.
    • Be aware that if any of your users are already using AppSheet, restricting access to AppSheet using the above options will disable access to all App Creators, App Users, and will stop any running Applications .
    • Blocked users will see a message indicating their company policy is blocking access and they will need to contact their administrator.
    • To find out who is using AppSheet, use the Token Audit Log. Go to Reports > Audit Log > Token. Click on โ€œ+ Add a filterโ€, choose โ€œApplication nameโ€ and type โ€œAppSheetโ€ and then click โ€œAPPLYโ€. You will get a listing of users who have used AppSheet. You can download this list into Google Sheets or Comma-separated values (.csv) file for further processing.
  • To learn more about controlling the use of AppSheet, please refer to this help article: Use AppSheet in your organization.

FAQs

Why are we introducing this new setting?

To provide you with better tools for managing AppSheet, which accesses data sources such as Google Sheets, Cloud SQL, and other similar connectors, throughout your organization.

Will I be able to see and change the admin setting?

Yes. You can see and turn AppSheet on or off via the setting, โ€œSettings for AppSheetโ€ in the admin console under Apps > Additional Google services.

I already use AppSheet; what has changed with this update?

You will now have an individual control in the admin console to enable or disable AppSheet for your organization, OUs or groups.

How do I know if anyone in my organization is currently using AppSheet?

You can search for AppSheet usage via your Token Audit Log. Go to Reports > Audit Log > Token. Click on โ€œ+ Add a filterโ€, choose โ€œApplication nameโ€ and type โ€œAppSheetโ€ and then click โ€œAPPLYโ€. You will get a listing of users who have used AppSheet. You can download this list into Google Sheets or Comma-separated values (.csv) file for further processing.

When will I get this update?

We are starting the rollout from December 14, 2020 . The rollout will be phased across a couple of weeks. For more information about the rollout, please see this blog.

Weโ€™re here to help

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Google Workspace support. When you call or submit your support case, reference issue number 174589356.

Sincerely,

The Google Workspace Team

Was this information helpful?

YES NO

ยฉ 2020 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this important update about your Google Workspace account because you designated this email address as a primary or secondary contact for mandatory service communications in your Google Admin console profile.

3X_6_0_603b4eb9dca985b63e59be6b5918bd01b71d959e.gif

4 1 404
1 REPLY 1

Good to know, @tsuji_koichi!

By the way, tomorrow I have a presentation to give:

I hope I can do OK!

P.S. For those who donโ€™t read Japanese, Iโ€™m giving a little presentation at an academic conference (online) in Japan. Iโ€™ll be pleased if I can help get more people in Japan interested in AppSheet.

Top Labels in this Space