Email notification conditional formula

I have a simple form that has a column for Email. I need to create a workflow notification that sends an email notification to the address listed in the [Email] Column of that form. That is done. I also need to have two other emails CCโ€™d along with that address listed in the column. The conditional formula I am looking for would be:

IF the [Email] is the same email as one listed for the CC, donโ€™t send a duplicate email.

Every time the user that gets CCโ€™d submits a form, they would receive two emails. I donโ€™t have to use a CC. I could create a new workflow to email them but only if their email didnโ€™t = the column [Email] value. How would I write that conditional statement?

0 5 194
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Assuming the Cc: recipients are hard-coded as a list, just subtract the list of To: recipients:

(LIST("a@a.a", "b@b.b") - LIST([Email]))

See also:

The CCโ€™s are listed in the workflow fields only, No separate list

Received ERROR

Expression โ€˜(LIST(โ€œa@Aโ€, b@B") - LIST([Email]))โ€™ could not be parsed due to exception: Number of opened and closed parentheses does not match.

I missed a quote for the second email address; Iโ€™ve corrected the example.

Note that a@a.a and b@b.b are merely examplesโ€“replace them with whatever email addresses youโ€™re using as Cc targets.

Yup- just protecting the email addresses. thanks for the update and quick response

Top Labels in this Space