Email notification with deep link

Hi, How can I add a LINKTOROW() in the email notification?

I tried this in my email template alert:

the <<[HV_ID]>> is the key value for the specific row.

In the email alert, I receive this link:

if I copy the complete link and paste it in the web browser, it works perfectly.

But, if I click it, it send me to another row (seems to be the one I was looking in the web browser when I copied that url). How can I solve this?

Solved Solved
0 6 846
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You have underscore in your actual string returned by the column filed, which could be deemed as special characters.

On your email template, try with <<Encodeurl([HV_ID])>>

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.ASP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You have underscore in your actual string returned by the column filed, which could be deemed as special characters.

On your email template, try with <<Encodeurl([HV_ID])>>

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.ASP

Jah! Works like a charm, thanks Tsuji.

Just bothering you a little bit more, would be a way to put all that url into a phrase? Like this:

Use hyperlink expression.

Basically, wrap your whole expression by hyperlink ()

<<hyperlink(โ€œYOUREXSITINGEXPRESSIONโ€, โ€œYOURPREFREDWORDSโ€)>>

It is working kinds of url shortener in this case, but show your defined texts with hyperlink. your user click it and open up the target on the browser.

Easy one.

After some testing with the Hyperlink() expression you suggested, this would be the correct formula in the template:

<<HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE(โ€œfirst part of the urlโ€, ENCODEURL([KeyColumn]), โ€last part of the urlโ€), โ€œYourPreferedWordsโ€)>>

and just be sure this donโ€™t happen when write the formula:
2X_7_7b21fb40206b75ff2898ea25084d3e46b30250fb.png

Thanks for the help guys!

If you use template, you could use <<_ROW_WEB_LINK>> as well.

Hello Aleksi! Long time nos speak, hope all is well!

I'm back working on an app & I need help in this area. I just sent a request to Customer Support, can you look at that & give me some advice?  I need Deep Link to a specific row in a specific meeting for members to confirm their Role.  I had this set up and mostly working with the in-app notifications that would take Members directly to the view of their Role in that Meeting, but I can't figure out how to do this using Emails. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space