Email PDF Workflow Error: Jeenee.DataTypes.SpreadsheetException: The remote server returned an error: (413) File too large for paid account

Email workflow to generate PDF is failing with the following error:

"Jeenee.DataTypes.SpreadsheetException: The remote server returned an error: (413) File too large for paid account.. โ†’ The HTML to PDF conversion web service failed to convert the HTML document to PDF for application 'Jig-Bee-675786 (36d5813e-7322-442f-b450-638f3bd5be29)' due to: The remote server returned an error: (413) File too large for paid account.. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (413) File too large for paid account..\r\n at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data)\r\n at Nirvana.Data.PDFEncoder.Encode(Context context, String input, PageOrientationEnum pageOrientation, PageSizeEnum pageSize, Int32 pageHeight, Int32 pageWidth) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\V2API\\Workflow\\Common\\PDFEncoder.cs:line 116\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at Nirvana.Data.PDFEncoder.Encode(Context context, String input, PageOrientationEnum pageOrientation, PageSizeEnum pageSize, Int32 pageHeight, Int32 pageWidth) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\V2API\\Workflow\\Common\\PDFEncoder.cs:line 127\r\n at Nirvana.Data.WorkflowActionResultEmail.<>c__DisplayClass68_0.<Perform>b__0() in d:\\a\\1\\s\\V2API\\Workflow\\ActionResult\\WorkflowActionResultEmail.cs:line 211"

This only happens on certain rows, and not every time the workflow runs. It seems like an error with the service that generates PDFs, not an error in the template itself. The template works fine in most cases but after a certain number of rows it fails.

Iโ€™ve emailed support already, but Iโ€™m posting here to try to find more info. There are several other posts regarding this same error, but none mention a solution.

1 3 312
3 REPLIES 3

The file size limit for PDF files returned from the PDF Rocket service is either 15 or 20 mb. Are you running up against that?

I shouldnโ€™t be, but that does seem to be the error thatโ€™s returned. I have a formatting rule set to scale down the images to โ€˜Tinyโ€™.

Itโ€™s starting to look like the formatting rule is not applied to the data sent to PDF Rocket though, because Iโ€™m hitting the limit on reports that only include a few images that should already be scaled down. Maybe that setting is only applied to the email body, and not the PDF conversion.

I think I can confirm that, regardless of formatting rule, the image size being sent to the PDF is the same. I ran into the size limit on a project some months ago, I remember one PDF being nothing but dozens of thumbnails. I think I ended up having to replace them all with external links.

Top Labels in this Space