Email Subject and PreHeader

So, I feel like AppSheet email body template and attachment template are driving me crazy. Can someone explain to me why does the email subject and preheader have to have this prefilled information:

<<_UPDATEMODE>>Mileage Reimbursement Request ‘<<_APPNAME>>’ <<[Customer Location]>> ‘<<_TABLENAME>>’ by ‘<<USEREMAIL()>>’ at <<NOW()>>

I want to change the email subject to something completely different but I can’t because if I change anything the Email Body Template and Attachment template won’t work. I littery just want to subject line to have Name, Customer Location, and Date and time but instead I get this:

AddMileage Reimbursement Request ‘Technician Dispatch Request’ StoneGate ‘Repair Log’ by ‘email address’ at 8/6/2020 9:49:32 AM

My desire is to just have this:

Mileage Reimbursement Request - Stong Gate 8/6/2020 9:49:32 AM

Can someone explain how to achieve this?

1 10 681
10 REPLIES 10

In PreHeader use this:
<<CONCATENATE(" ")>>

For the subject use this:
<<CONCATENATE("Mileage Reimbursement Request - ",[Customer Location]," ",NOW())>>

About to try now

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

You’re welcome. Glad to hear that your issue is resolved now.

5 hours of reading and testing solved in 2 seconds.

Learning curve is a bit steep and can be painy sometimes. However the “lessons learned” are never forgotten Happy apping with AppSheet.

Sometimes the “lessons learned” are forgotten when you are my age! I just get to learn and re-learn…

@Lucinda_Mason
Your profile pic looks like you’re about 18 so you should be the last person complaining about memory

You are too sweet. Thank you. Let’s just say I clearly remember the first walk on the moon.

Well, I clearly remember too @Lucinda_Mason, but this does not change the facts actually. The new Y and Z generations may call us as dinasours but then we can surely welcome them to the Jurassic Park

Top Labels in this Space