Email workflow ques - I have a form for new a...

Email workflow ques - I have a form for new applications and want to be able to send an email based on the app status.

How can I get the name of the applicant to show in the subject line?

Iโ€™ve tried [Last Name] and [_THISROW] and [RegID] which is the key, none work.

0 7 328
7 REPLIES 7

@Tammi_Canelli

If you are creating a event triggered workflow rule, then you can reference any field in the table or slice specified in the โ€œTarget dataโ€ property by simply using the fieldโ€™s name. So if the field is called โ€œLast Nameโ€ you would specify [Last Name].

If you are trying to do something else, then can you provide: 1. The account id 2. The app name 3. The workflow rule name 4. A description of what you are trying to achieve

This works for me in the โ€œEmail Subjectโ€ space;

Howdy <>, It was great to see you!

Letโ€™s keep in touch!

[Last Name] nor <> work. but that is a column name in the table.

@Tammi_Canelli If you provide the other information I requested I may be able to help you.

@Tammi_Canelli

Did you resolve the problem?

If not, I can take a look at your app to investigate further if you provide: 1. Your account id (from the Account pane) 2. Your app name 3. Your workflow rule name 4. The steps, if any, that I need to follow to see the problem.

No I got side tracked with my dep dropdown problemโ€ฆI may scrap the email workflow and just create a table view - need to wait and talk to the triage staff to see what they prefer.

I appreciate the offer to help and may be in touch this week if they tell me they want email notifications

@Tammi_Canelli

Glad to help if you need it.

Top Labels in this Space