Embed to web app ; I'm currently developing ...

Embed to web app ;

I’m currently developing own web apps, and embedding Appsheet into it.

My app is SPA (single page application) and using Vue as frontend.

Appsheet is sitting on one of the component in it.

When i access to this page (actually http route) to view the appsheet, initially appsheet is to start launchingl, i.e. full sync, which takes a bit of time. That’s fine and make sense. However, after leaving this page and went to other pages, then return to the appsheet embeded page, appsheet once again start and on fully sync.

Is there any way that the appsheet would not sync again as far as the user is staying on the single session in terms of the base web app?

Any idea?

0 6 851
6 REPLIES 6

Sounds like an issue with the containing framework, not AppSheet,

Embed AppSheet in a simple iframe, and I am confident you won’t see those behaviors.

It could be related to the Vue stuff!

Harry2

@tsuji_koichi When you said that you left the page and then came back, did you mean that you simply opened another tab, and then went back to the original tab, or did you actually close the tab/window that was running AppSheet and then opened the window again?

@Harry Let me explain again.

My web app is SPA, and has route set up.

Once the app is launched (web app, open the appsheet which is embeded. Then i move to the another view within this web app then back to appsheet embed page again. Once again, Appsheet restarts to launch (sync). Everything is happening within my web app.

Harry2

@tsuji_koichi Here’s an interesting observation. If you look at AppSheet’s app editor, you will notice that the app emulator on the right side of the editor only syncs once immediately after the page first loads. After that, as you navigate around the editor, the emulator does not sync again unless you explicitly click the sync button. Even when you hide the emulator, it will not sync when you bring it back up. This is because under the hood, the emulator is created once at the beginning and then never destroyed. Even when you hide the emulator, it is in fact only “overlapped” by the app editor, but is not wiped from the browser’s memory. Of course, this is a customized behavior that has to be programmed. Like I said, if you have access to the source code of your page, or if you have some other way to modify it, you might be able to replicate this behavior in your own page.

@Harry Thank you for your advice. and your are absolutely correct. I m now looking into if i can retain the instance, basically doms on my component, even after the user move to other route, however, it seems not availabel feature on the framework i m using for now.

Will keep looking into any solutions.

Top Labels in this Space