Enter item name or barcode in stock management app

im building a production tracking app for my ecommerce business. right now we are using the stock management sample app to accomplish this. right now i can only scan or select a barcode but i would like the option of entering a product name from a pulldown list or scanning the barcode. i would also like the app to show the product name after the barcode is scanned for verification. any suggestions?

0 2 382
2 REPLIES 2

If I have correctly understood your requirement , I believe you could do it in a simple way.

Since you have referred the sample app. Stock Management App", I too will refer it for suggesting approach.

In the Stock management app, in the products table, please make the [Product] column which has product description as the label column.

With this change, when the app user is adding stock through the 'Add Stock" form, the user will get a drop-down list of product names rather than product bar codes, when the user taps on the product barcode fieldโ€™s line (Green box in the image below).

Alternatively, when the user taps on the product bar code fieldโ€™s barcode icon (Orange box in the image below), the user will get to bar code scanning option.

The image below shows the results in โ€œAdd Stockโ€ when the user taps on the โ€œProduct Barcodeโ€ fieldโ€™s line and when the column [Product] is assigned as the label in the Products table

thank youuuuu!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Top Labels in this Space