Entry duration feature

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi there, and hi to the Wonderful Appsheet Team,

I’m working on a workaround provided by our friend @Suvrutt_Gurjar, who helped me on it: Entry duration feature?

His idea works perfectly well, nonetheless I would appreciate a direct feature, which allow to enter a duration without having to type “08:09:00” (example) would be useful. Something similar to the DateTime Picker, or the Time Picker : a Duration Picker ?

Just an idea !
I remain available if you need me to try something.

You guys at Appsheet are doing an amazing job, keep doing !

Status Open
3 3 177
3 Comments
Philip_Guin
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Bump. Working on a “task tracker” now, and being able to input durations for estimates without typing the colons would be fantastic. Even something like converting “5 minutes” to 0:00:05, “1 week” to 120:00:00, etc. A default would be nice too, e.g. default to hours such that “8” becomes 8:00:00.

WillowMobileSys
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

The Time Picker…YES. Also, allow for settings of MIN and MAX duration - e.g. MIN time for a meeting to be placed on a calendar might be 30 minutes. Still allow for “Ignore seconds” option.

Again agree. It is not very user friendly to require input in HH:MM:SS and to require App Creators to rebuild the conversions for each app doesn’t seem in the Spirit of a no code/low code platform.

We need ways to represent Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months and Years in user friendly visible form (seconds are what they are) . Maybe an expanded Time Picker? But then these user friendly representations are automatically converted to “duration” form for calculations.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager