Enum and Enum List

I am attempting to add a new page to my app. I am using Google Sheets as my source and created drop down list of items that are either connected to a range within the spreadsheet or a list I created. I am having an issue with the values that I input into the data validation in Google Sheets, showing up in the app. It keeps referring to to the drop down sections as text. When I try to change it and save the app, it reverts back to text on itโ€™s own. This is only happening to a few sheets and the others are coming up fine. The sheets that it is happening to have different tab names but the same column titles. While the other have mostly different column titles. I tried to make each column unique, regenerate the structure and save it, but to nothing has changed. If I use a formula to connect the column in the spreadsheet to the line or row in the app, it still doesnโ€™t work. I can not even add values in the app manually. If someone has advice, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 3 576
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Better to avoid Google sheet data validation as well as Sheet expression to use when the sheeet is refered as source for Appsheet, that is kinda of best practise with appsheet.

You can easily generate the dropdown within Appsheet as platform, you should go to that direction to avoid the glitch you may see now.

It wonโ€™t actually let me add any values either. The data validation works with another sheet and other tabs in the same sheet. It is only this one that is having issues transferring the values for the enum and enum list. It wonโ€™t let me add values, as well.

my suggestion is just remove data validation from Google sheet and all the cells. And then set up your appsheet column to either enum or enumlist as you want.

Top Labels in this Space