Enum column type - Required is not working properly

I have an Enum column type in a table which is mandatory (required).
However, the system allows users to save a record without Enum column information.
How to prevent it?
FYI : The Enum column information is coming from other table.

Solved Solved
0 7 529
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your expression have redundant paranthesises, so you better remove them as it might confuse you. I have removed them away below.

SELECT(INSPECTION TEMPLATE[Checkpoint], [Fleet Type] = [_THISROW].[Fleet Type]) - SELECT(INSPECTION CHECKLIST[Checkpoint], AND([Fleet Type] = [_THISROW].[Fleet Type], [Inspection Code] = [_THISROW].[Inspection Code], [_RowNumber] <> [_THISROW].[_RowNumber]))

Try using above expression in Suggested values property and use below expression in Valid_if
ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@John_Henry_Joseph
Do you have an expression in Required_if property or is it just set to ON? Can you also try setting below expression to Valid_if:

ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])

I have below expression in Valid_if.
โ€œSELECT(INSPECTION TEMPLATE[Checkpoint], ([Fleet Type] = [_THISROW].[Fleet Type])) - SELECT(INSPECTION CHECKLIST[Checkpoint], AND(([Fleet Type] = [_THISROW].[Fleet Type]), [Inspection Code] = [_THISROW].[Inspection Code]), ([_RowNumber] <> [_THISROW].[_RowNumber]))โ€

Require is ON.

Please advise.

Your expression have redundant paranthesises, so you better remove them as it might confuse you. I have removed them away below.

SELECT(INSPECTION TEMPLATE[Checkpoint], [Fleet Type] = [_THISROW].[Fleet Type]) - SELECT(INSPECTION CHECKLIST[Checkpoint], AND([Fleet Type] = [_THISROW].[Fleet Type], [Inspection Code] = [_THISROW].[Inspection Code], [_RowNumber] <> [_THISROW].[_RowNumber]))

Try using above expression in Suggested values property and use below expression in Valid_if
ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])

Thanks lot Mr. @LeventKโ€ฆ It works perfectlyโ€ฆ

Youโ€™re welcome @John_Henry_Joseph, truly my pleasure to be helped of.

@LeventK
If you donโ€™t mistake meโ€ฆ can i request one more clarification on below?

Consider the below Tables.
KPI - each row will hold a description of Key Performance Indicator.
KPI Members - Child table for KPI, where you can add โ€œTeam memberโ€ (key is KPI ID+Team Member.
User Updates - where the assigned users can provide their updates for KPI (reference from โ€œKPIโ€ table.
Now My problem is If anyone select a KPI, the system should identify the user should add a new updates or just only read.
So, I create a virtual column โ€œMembers Listโ€ in KPI Members table and applied the above suggested expression in โ€œAre updates allowedโ€ of โ€œUser Updatesโ€ table.
But, it doesnโ€™t seem work. Can you please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

@John_Henry_Joseph
Itโ€™s hard to say anything without knowing your sheet structure and your app structure as well. I have no idea how you had set the dependencies between tables. However, to allow user intervention with a table, you shall be reading some value from somewhere so that you can compare the values. For example:

Provided you are populating Team Memberโ€™s ID in that virtual column, and provided you can match that Member ID with an useremail in User Updates table, than you may evaluate the active userโ€™s status like this:

IN(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),"User Updates","Email","Member ID"), KPI Members[Member List])

Top Labels in this Space