If I’ve got an Enum (or EnumList) column that allows entries - I would like a way to automatically add new options added by users directly into the enum choices available inside the type qualifier settings for the Enum column.
If I’ve got an Enum column with various values specified…
- and I’ve allowed people to enter other values,
- and I’ve set things so the system remembers previous “new” values…
I want the interactions of my users to change the actual setup of the app.
Let’s say while filling out the form, I decide to enter the status of “Duplicate” to one of the records (cause it’s a duplicate, and I don’t wanna delete it cause it might cause confusion for others… “Where did it go?!?”).
- I want a way to add that value into the official list…
- inside the AppSheet editor.
This way any new options are now visible inside this page, and I can rearrange things as necessary.
As it stands… whenever someone adds a new value, it’s only visible when viewed inside the form, and then it’s at the bottom of the list.
- And since, in this instance, I’m not using a formula to derive the values of the list… I can’t wrap anything in SORT() or ORDERBY()
This leaves me with a list of values (inside the dropdown of the enum column) that I’m unable to control the sort order of.
- If there was a way for the system to automatically push new values into the list of values specified for the type qualifier, I could then manage the order manually.
As always, thanks for considering