Enum list choices disappearing

My original app had several choices in enum dropdowns. Over time I added more choices however the new ones keep disappearing. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Hank

0 13 1,099
13 REPLIES 13

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How dd you add the new choices? Do you have a Valid If column constraint that might be affecting the displayed values?

Hi Steve,

I added them through the column editor. No If statement.

Thanks for you assist!

Hank

Where are the values disappearing from? From the value list in the column editor? From the drop-down menu the app user sees? From the spreadsheet?

Hi Steve,

I know they are going from the dropdown but I will need to check the others a bit later. I will post what I find.

Thanks!

Hank

Steve,

They are gone from the value list and the drop down menu.

Are you using a spreadsheet as your backend? If so, does the spreadsheet column have data validation rules applied to it?

Yes Google sheets. No, no rules. What is interesting is that the drop down choices will be there for several days then disappear. I cannot align this with any occurrence.

Thatโ€™s very odd, and beyond my ability to troubleshoot, I think. I recommend you reach out to support@appsheet.com directly for assistance.

The other thing is that the original items stay and the new ones disappear.

Yeah, Iโ€™m at a complete loss on this one. When you work it out, please update us here on the fix.

Thanks

I am having a similar issue, where only on value from the spreadsheet column is displayed. There should be 6 values. I am using the valid if function to validate instead of manually adding the values. I can not find any literature on this anywhere. I'd appreciate an update in this issue or some assistance. Thanks.

OK, I seemed to solve my problem.  My enum values were coming from the spreadsheet using the validate if function. The table where those values resided had one of those columns set as the key. In this case the key needed to be the row number.

Top Labels in this Space