Enum list form data spreadsheets

John20

hi, sorry i am a beginner appsheet.

how to make a display like this if the data comes from spreadsheets, not from entering values.

I have tried using valid_if like the example in https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961544-dropdown-from-valid_if, here I use the “detail” view type (as I used in the picture), but the results are displayed blank.

Thank you very much…

Solved Solved
0 5 324
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah… assign that column as Quick Edit Column.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You need to have an ENUM type column for that.

If in your spreadsheet you have validation rule like dropdown in spreadsheet with those 3 numbers options, when table is connected to Appsheet, it will then automatically create an enum type with those selection included as part of the option.

@Heru, I already have enum column. If I use deck or table view it works, but if I use detail view is not displayed… it’s not like if I use entering values.

Ah… assign that column as Quick Edit Column.

Hi,

valid_if TableName[Column Name here] is working for me in details view as well. Please select Input mode as button.

Thanks,
Vinit

Hi,

You can use valid if option to achieve this, Valid if = Employee[Year] where Employee is Table name and [Year] is column.

• change your Year column as enum and input mode button(you can choose other options if you want)

Thanks,
Vinit

Top Labels in this Space