ENUM List with a TEXT description

Hi Gurus,
I have an ENUM list but would like to include a text description associated with the item. Is there an option that helps with describing the ITEM (with 40-60 characters of text) and allow for a selection (one selection only).
Thanks
Tony

1 5 300
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I donโ€™t understand. Please elaborate.

Hi Steve,
I have an ENUM list like this below.
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3

I would like to have a list that would display a description.

Item 1
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, an duo oratio ocurreret, duo ad sumo euripidis. Cu vel consul nominati invenire, ea oratio veniam delenit eos, te cum alienum corpora.

Item 2
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, an duo oratio ocurreret, duo ad sumo euripidis. Cu vel consul nominati invenire, ea oratio veniam delenit eos, te cum alienum corpora.

Item 3

Not sure if this is possible. Just something Iโ€™m exploring.
Thanks Steve

Thanks for the clarification! Iโ€™m afraid thereโ€™s no way to do that.

As always, there are other ways to display data. Iโ€™ve created another TEXT column to SHOW IF a particular ITEM is selected, thus solving this.
Thanks @Steve

@Tony_Insua How about if you select the โ€œBase typeโ€ as โ€œRefโ€ and then create a virtual (or normal column) where you concatenate the Item and description name and select that as a label. Then the option could be likeโ€ฆ

ITEM1 > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, an duo oratio ocurreret, duo ad sumo euripidis. Cu vel consul nominati invenire, ea oratio veniam delenit eos, te cum alienum corpora.

ITEM2 > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, an duo oratio ocurreret, duo ad sumo euripidis. Cu vel consul nominati invenire, ea oratio veniam delenit eos, te cum alienum corpora.

But because of the Ref type, it will save just โ€œItem1โ€ if thatโ€™s the key column.

Top Labels in this Space