Enum option display based on user setting value

EugeneB
Participant V

Hi All,

To have a better user experience, we would like to display certain option for certain level of users. (where we want to have Rejected, Approved by certain user only) we have problem where normal user using using the option rejected and approved.
Following is using enum for selection,

3X_2_f_2f4dd919f0a1cc2166bde5faff22387f0a1ea704.png

we would like to have user with a special text set in their user setting, will able to see Rejected and Approved option.

anyone have any idea, how we could limit the display of enum option, based on the user setting or other better way of using it.

Solved Solved
0 4 889
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @tsuji_koichi for that,

as suggested, i have create admin key in the user setting, and in the enum field suggest value expression, i do this

IF(([AdminKey] = "mykey111"), LIST("In Progress", "Escalation", "Completed","To Delete","Submitted to QC","Rejected","Approved), LIST("In Progress", "Escalation", "Completed","To Delete"))

Just simple if, it is match the key, display the more option for those who know the adminkey. otherwise display the less option for the user.

let share if anyone has a better suggestion, and thanks to @tsuji_koichi for the solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

First, you create the usersettings with enumlist type. Then each app user access to usersetttings and select the items out of options.

On the table and colum where you want to control the enum, enumlist dropdown, then you set the suggested values with expression.

For instance, we create the usesettings with name โ€œLanguage Optionโ€

Then on the suggested value expression, it looks like

split(list(usersettings(Language Option)),",")

Then it will dynamically change the dropdown based on user defined items through the usersettings.

Thank you @tsuji_koichi for the suggestion, was thinking can we do it with one field inside the usersetting, example admin key usersetting. if user has the admin key and entered the correct admin key.

they are able to see the additional enum option. (Rejected and Approved)

Prepare the additional usersettings to ask for entering the key value with text type.

Then you set the showif constrain onto usersettings(Country Option) in my sample case, to show only the Admin key value is entered, otherwise keep hiding the usersettings.
This usersetting is only presented once the correct admin key value is entered.

Then present all the enumlist option down there.

Make sure to set the initial value of usersettings for Country Option (per your name for usersettings) to select default values. Rejected and Approved is unselected initially.

Thanks @tsuji_koichi for that,

as suggested, i have create admin key in the user setting, and in the enum field suggest value expression, i do this

IF(([AdminKey] = "mykey111"), LIST("In Progress", "Escalation", "Completed","To Delete","Submitted to QC","Rejected","Approved), LIST("In Progress", "Escalation", "Completed","To Delete"))

Just simple if, it is match the key, display the more option for those who know the adminkey. otherwise display the less option for the user.

let share if anyone has a better suggestion, and thanks to @tsuji_koichi for the solution.

Top Labels in this Space