enum struggle. So I have a list of items that...

enum struggle. So I have a list of items that I want the user to be able to enter items or pick from the list. Easy enough. The issue is that as that list gets longr and longer I want to restrict it to items that have already been created based on the previous enum or enter a new one. using =SELECT(Completion List[Description],[Contractor]=[_THISROW].[Contractor])

I get the data I expect but no option to enter a new one. If I remove this code it works again. why canโ€™t I have both functions?

0 3 438
3 REPLIES 3

Harry2

@Bill_Brandt Hi Bill, what is the column type of this column? Is it Text or Enum? If the column type is Text, you can set it to Enum, and then set the column setting โ€œAllow other valuesโ€ to true.

@Harry I have it set as enum not text and have the allow other values as true

Harry2

@bill_brandt1 Hi Bill, Iโ€™ve tried this out in a test app, and Iโ€™m afraid it is not possible to create a drop-down using Valid_If that will allow other values right now. Hereโ€™s a related post that explains this problem:

plus.google.com - Anyone know how to create a dropdown field that uses a Valid_If parameter to โ€ฆ Anyone know how to create a dropdown field that uses a Valid_If parameter to โ€ฆ plus.google.com

Top Labels in this Space