Enum vs. Enumlist with showif statements

I am working on a app that collects information. I a Enum list that effects what other questions your see moving forward. I would like the change that to Enumlist so multiple options can be selected. When I make the change to Enumlist I get an error message for he questions that are depending on the answers from that question-see below. Is there a way to use Enumlist when future questions are based on the answer(s).

โ€œColumn Name โ€˜Job Typeโ€™ in Schema โ€˜Sheet1_Schemaโ€™ of Column Type โ€˜EnumListโ€™ has an invalid show_if constraint โ€˜=NOT([Job Type] = โ€œOTCโ€)โ€™. Cannot compare List with Text in ([Job Type] = โ€œOTCโ€)โ€

Thanks as always to those much smarter than me with AppSheet.

Foster

0 3 204
3 REPLIES 3

Hello!

Your formula should look like this

NOT(
	IN(
		"OTC",
		SPLIT(
			[Job Type],
			","
		)
	)
)

You saved me with this one !

Sorry for the mix up. I didnโ€™t notice that one error message had the NOT statement. That was my mistake. I should have shown the error message below. Every one of my questions about 60 will be dependent on the previous answer in โ€œJob Typeโ€. Some question will apply with multiple answers. The multiple answers condition is where my problem arises.

Column Name โ€˜Current Interior Colorโ€™ in Schema โ€˜Sheet1_Schemaโ€™ of Column Type โ€˜Textโ€™ has an invalid show_if constraint โ€˜=[Job Type]=โ€œLeatherโ€โ€™. Cannot compare List with Text in ([Job Type] = โ€œLeatherโ€)

Top Labels in this Space